Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Molly Nicole Pendleton

Here she is! 2 days old.

Hi everyone! Molly was born Sunday, October 7th at 11:07 am on her due date (this happens only 3-4% on average in the US!). She is 7 pounds 6 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. Saturday night at 10:45 pm my water broke as I was about to pick Justin up from work. He got a ride home and my water just slowly broke for a couple of hours. Contractions started at about 2 am and I waited for them to get closer. We went to the hospital at 5 am. After 4 tries I finally got an IV in my arm and I got an epidural at about 8 am (we think, can't quite remember the time at that point!). At about 9 am I was at a 5 and completely thinned out. At 10 am my nurse told me I was ready to push! So I pushed for an hour and Molly arrived! I had a small episiotomy since my doctor said I would probably tear, but other than that, it was pretty smooth.

I was in the hospital for 2 nights and I came home this morning at 11. I am feeling pretty well, obviously just sore, but not too bad. Justin is home with me during the week (we're so glad he isn't in class this semester!) and my mom has come and helped (and will probably come several more times) and my mother-in-law is coming this weekend. (My in-laws left the morning after to get back home for work)
She is a pretty good baby. We think she's had some acid reflux or gas in the past couple days where she'll just cry and you can't really soothe her, so that's frustrating! But that's just how it goes sometimes! Tomorrow we're going to get some drops to help. She nurses pretty well also, but she likes to fall asleep! I'm sure as the days go on she'll be able to stay awake better! But for now we always have to poke and prod her to remember that she's supposed to be eating! :)

You'll have to vote and let us know who you think she looks like. My mom says she looks similar to how I looked when I was a baby. My brother and his wife think she's a mix of both...so who knows! But we sure think she's pretty cute and we love her so much!

Don't you love all of that hair?


Grandparents for the first time!


So precious!


Our happy little family! (taken right after she was born)

9 comments:

Becky said...

PRECIOUS!! I love that you chose Molly Nicole. I'm so glad it went smoothly. And I think she has your eyes and Justin's cheeks. :) But she will change so much... I hope we can come visit soon!

Colt cried and cried with trapped air as a newborn. Our pediatrician showed us a special way to hold him that was a lifesaver. It stopped the crying when nothing else would. Call me if you want more details on that.

Congrats, girl! I love your little family.

Karen said...

Nicole she is gorgeous! Congrats on your new family! I'm excited to see her in person too and be able to actually hold her! :)

Jacee Coles said...

I'm so happy for you! I bet you're so glad to have the baby to hold on the outside of your body instead of the inside. I have no idea how that will be. I'm sure it's the greatest thing in the world.

Jane and Stuart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane and Stuart said...

Lets try this again! Congatulations! I can't wait to see her! She is so cute. Have you picked out a middle name yet.

Jane

Christine said...

Hooray for the happy family!

Christine said...

One more thing, I would keep a cold wash rag next to me when I would nurse Claire to keep her awake. I also got her completely undressed and changed her diaper in between sides. I know it is a lot of work, but it helped a lot and made life easier

Tyler and Emily said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful! Molly Nicole is such a cute name.

Janessa Whatcott said...

Nicole you look great and she is so beautiful!! I am so happy for you guys!! Hang in there, it only gets better!!