Friday, September 22, 2006

Buying our First Home

Hey all! I just found out some exciting news yesterday. Jake and I are going to buy our first home! As most of you already know, Jake is doing commercial real estate out here so he knows a lot of the right people. Anyway, yesterday he had a lunch meeting with a guy that works for a huge home builder out here. He was told that the company is way under their projected sales for the year and are offering almost 100K off the house and huge incentives! We went and looked at some yesterday and I actually liked some of them.
The only catch is that the company's fiscal year ends Sept 30th, so you have to close the deal before then! We are possibly looking and buying a house in under 10 days!!! Kind of crazy, but exciting at the same time. I kind of feel like we should be on one of those "flip this house" shows or something.
So that's the best I've got to post for right now... I'll let you guys know if the deal goes through and we end up with a house!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so exciting Whit!! You definitely have to let us know what happens! That would be so great for you if it all works!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! And such a big decision. I love doing things spur of the moment, it's exciting. Good luck!

Nanette said...

I have to admit, I am a little jealous. Living in 400 square feet can feel a little cramped sometimes. We've been casually looking at houses around here. The 1000 sq ft house next door just went on sale for $350,000. Insane!!! If we ever buy a house, it may have to be in Nephi!!!!!