**First of all, if anyone thinks that I post too much, I'm sorry and let me know! I'm not trying to bore you all with my life stories, but right now I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd tell you about my fun babysitting experience!
For those of you who do not know, my job is currently as a personal and administrative assistant for a man here at my company. Currently he is in New York with his wife to celebrate their 15th Wedding Anniversary. He and his wife asked Justin and I to watch their four kids for three nights.
In order to save yourself some time, I'll just tell you about my experience yesterday. First of all I wasn't paying attention, so I left work later than I should've to get to their house because I had to take the girls to art and dance lessons. I got to the home, walked in the door, and the alarm went off. By that time, I should've been at the home for the art lessons for Sidsie (she's the oldest). I finally got all the kids in the van and got Sidsie to her art class at 4:30. Then I drove over to the dance place and dropped off the 4 yr. old, Vienna. Then we drove back to art, played outside for a little while, picekd up Sidsie, then went back to the dance place, picked up Vienna and dropped off Sidsie. I was then told by the lady at the dance place that Vienna wasn't supposed to have come to dance because she only comes on Tuesday, but since I had left, they just let her stay. Oops! And this is how my day went!! The baby kept crying and she doesn't like strangers, so we would have to give her to her siblings and then she would be quiet. But I also think that she was teething, so that didn't make her very happy. I wasn't sure if she would go to bed for us, but luckily she did.
I won't bore anyone with more details, but I just want to say that four kids can be a hassle! I'm so glad that when we decide to have children they'll come one at a time! Hopefully next Tuesday will go better than yesterday did. Lucky for me and Justin we have the weekend off of babysitting duty! The good thing is that it has been a good experience (especially for Justin since he's never done any babysitting in his life and he now knows how to change a diaper!) and it has made us fully aware of what life would be like-to an extent-in that situation.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Babysitting is crazy! I'm sure you'll never want to have kids now :)
Happy birthday month!! I love hearing about your life and seeing your Europe pics. They are awesome!
Post a Comment