


It is so great to hear about all of your lives!! I got really excited when I saw Nanette's Guatemala pics so I thought I'd post a couple of my own. I was there for 7 weeks this summer with a volunteer organization and I had tons of crazy adventures every day! Between mudslides, out of control bus rides, a kitchen gas fire, robberies, death threats, food poisonings, etc. I am just happy to be back alive. But I really loved every minute of that place.. The first picture is me buying my favorite things in the world...bananas! (which come in many varieties in Guate) The next one we are building a stove out of adobe for that lady. And the last are some cute girls in one of the villages where we worked. So much fun!
A week or so ago I moved to Washington DC. Between work and trying to drive here, I am either stressed or lost most of the time! It's good to be here but I am hoping I won't be out here too long. I miss you all!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the pics! I loved them!! I hope that you like your job and like being in DC! I have never been there, but I'm sure it is a very neat place. Keep us updated with your boy!!
Kathryn-
It's good to see that you survived the bus rides. Every time that I got into a bus, I wasn't sure that I would be getting out alive!!!
What city were you working in??
Isn't it the greatest country ever?!
Did you visit anywhere else in Central America?
I want to hear all about your experience!!!
Nanette-
Yeah I thought I was going to die every time I got on a bus! I was living in Chimaltenango (1/2 hr away from Antigua) and worked in Tecpan, Itzapa, Antigua, Iximxe, Xetenox--a whole bunch of random villages.
It is such a great country!! I miss it and I can't wait to go back. We toured all of Guatemala but no where else in Central America--hopefully sometime soon!
So what did you do while you were there? And what cities were you in? Have you been other places that I need to make sure I visit sometime? Let me know for sure!
Post a Comment