Monday, December 03, 2007

HO HO HO!!

Hi Everyone!! I hope that everyone is having a great holiday season!! Every year my family and I adopt a family for Christmas instead of exchaning gifts for the adults. It has turned out to be one of my most favorite thins to look forward to and I get more excited picking out toys for the children than I do for my own. This year we have a family that has relocated here due to the Katrina disaster. There is a single mom who works 2 jobs, a 10 year old boy, a 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. My siblings and I have split the children up between us. We are asked that each child receive two articles of clothing, two toys and a book. Now that isn't alot to get them, however when I sat back and looked at it, I realized that this is probably all that these kids would be getting for Christmas, and that isn't alot. Especially considering that they probably lost and had to leave behind alot at their home back east, due to Katrina. Anyways I was just wondering in anyine wanted to pitch in with extra toys of clothes of even something nice for the home that a family would enjoy. Like I said, we are going to cover their main gifts, but I just feel bad that we personally can't give them more, which they need probably more than any of us do. If you have any ideas or would like to pitch in, email me at janessa.whatcott@hotmail.com or call me at 891.1372. Oh and everything has to be done by the 17th. Thanks, love you all Janessa

No comments: