Hey to all you Moms and Moms-to-be:
Adam's cousin just started a business called "My Modest Mom." She makes nursing covers (and socks and headbands for girls). I have one of the nursing covers, and it is pretty nifty. It is lightweight (better than a blanket in the summer), it loops around your neck (so the baby can't pull it off or it can't slip off your shoulder), and it has wiring in the neckline so that you can look down at your baby while you're nursing. Think of it as a giant tent. :) It is awesome to be able to nurse in public but to stay covered this way. The disadvantages - I think - are that it's hard to manuever your babe in and out of the cover to begin and end nursing and to burp (that is, without exposing yourself, but it mostly just takes practice), the cover is bound to get dirty, and you might have to iron it after washing to keep it not-wrinkled (I haven't gotten to this point with mine yet, so I'm not sure).
I'm not really trying to put in a plug for Adam's cousin. It's more like I think some of you might be interested. These covers are getting pretty trendy; I don't know where else they are sold, but I've been seeing them on quite a few women. They are also a great gift idea. Check out www.mymodestmom.com for more info!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Even though I'm not a mom or mom-to-be I second Becky here! My sister in law has something like this and it's the neatest thing! Usually they are struggling with a blanket and trying to keep covered but her little blanket like this is perfect! So it's definitely a great find! (I also wonder if you can make it for yourself...depending on how crafty you are) :)
Becker, I have one of those and I loved it! I used it all the time! I saw one once and just made one, but it is very nice. I think I will have to look into a new one! Thanks!
Thanks for the website! I know, I wonder if me/mom can create one of these or if it would be easiest to just buy one from the website! Good suggestion though, thanks!
I'm sure some of you crafty women can figure out how to make your own. It seems pretty simple!
Post a Comment