Monday, April 09, 2007

TRIPLE Good News!!!

You guys will never guess! I heard the news of my life last week.

My parents were in town for 3 weeks, and they headed back to the Philippines last Friday. Well, I was talking to my mom on the phone to make sure I would get the chance to say goodbye. As we chatted, she met up with my dad. I could tell he was informing her to pass some information on to me. The conversation went a little like this:

MOM: "Oh, by the way, Dad says plan for me to be there for the baby on May 20th."
ME: "Really?! That's great, Mom!"
MOM: "Can he come, too? Can we both come - to stay?"
ME: "Well, sure! Do you mean that? I didn't know both of you would be coming. I'd love it!!"
MOM: "Becky, did you catch what I just said?"
ME (rewinding a little): "What? You said can you and Dad come. Oh wait, did you say TO STAY?!? Are you saying what I think you're saying?"
MOM: "Yes. We are coming home to stay."

It turns out that my dad got a phone call on March 9th, asking him to take a new assignment. My parents are coming back home! It is so shocking since we've all been preparing for another 1.5 years without them... But every time I think about it, I can't wipe the grin off my face!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Becky~
That is just awesome! I definitely would have a hard time without my parents home...so I'm glad their assignment changed! :) Too bad they sold their house though!

Christine said...

Wow, what a fun day with fun news! I am so happy that your mom will be there to help you with little Colt. It is amazing how much it helped having my mom around. They are truly life savers

Patrice Pedersen said...

That is so rad!!!! It is going to be perfect to have everyone together!! I'm way excited for you!! By the way...How are you doing lately?

Anonymous said...

Cool Beck. Thanks for that map you sent me, can't wait to see you!

Brooke said...

You've brought tears to my eyes! I'm a mom I'm allowed to cry at the drop of a dime. It couldn't of been better timing!

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.