Monday, April 02, 2007

Cancun and A HOLE!!!!!




Hi all! Well, Bryce and I were lucky enough to go to Cancun last week with my parents. We got back one week ago and had a blast! I finally got a tan! Getting a tan is very difficult when you are inside an office 40 hours a week. So it's nice to finally have some color! We didn't do very much. We sat by the pool a lot, which was fabulous! Bryce and I went parasailing (that is a picture of us...I promise), we went snorkeling a few times, and just played and had fun! I'm glad we got to go. It was great weather and it was sad to come home to snow last week...good thing the snow didn't stick to the ground! :)

The hole is the hole for our house (I'm sure you figured that out when you saw the picture)! I'm not sure how much many of you know about this house of ours, but I was told that I would have a house in this neighborhood in about 2003/2004. When Bryce and I got married we were told to only sign a nine month lease on our house because our new house would be done in June of 2006. Well...none of that ever happened! :) But, things are finally happening now! Our hole was dug last Thursday and the foundation is going in sometime this week! Bryce and I spent about 4 hours on Saturday (yes we missed the second session of conference...we are bad) driving around and looking at houses and going through a couple of model homes. I have to start picking everything out and I'm looking forward to it...but I'm also not looking forward to it at the same time! So...that's the "news" in my life as of right now! Most of you like to see pictures of babies posted on here...and...well...since I don't have a child yet, our house is my baby for the next couple of months. So I will probalby post pictures on here as things progress so you can all see our house turn from a hole in the ground to an actual home!!! I'm just extremely excited that things are happening!


Anyways...I hope to hear more from people. I'm glad that we have people posting and sharing their lives with us...but I still would love to hear from more! :) It's great keeping in touch since it's so hard to get together nowadays!


I love you all, Karen

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Karen, this is very exciting! I want to go to Cancun! I'm glad you had a fun time and the hole is very exciting!!

Becky said...

Cool Cool!! I'm so happy for you and your hole, and I'm craving an exotic vacation... Guess that will have to wait. :)

Brooke said...

Ah! the beach there's nothing like it!

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.