Monday, February 25, 2008

Haylee Bird




Here is the newest addition to the Bird family. Haylee LaRee Bird was born 2 weeks ago! Wow the time has flown by. I started feeling labor pains Sunday night. They lasted all day monday, but I thought they were false. Monday night they started getting worse and so I had Tyler take me to the hospital just to check it out. My contractions were every 5 minutes, but they weren't horribly painful. We both thought I would end up being sent home. But, instead we had Haylee the next morning. The doctor on call was Stuart's dad and so he ended up delivering her. He did a great job. Everything went so fast. I hope that all of my babies come that smoothly. She has been so much fun to have around. But, I have to admit that I am alot more tired than I had expected. I have a new respect for motherhood. I have no idea how people have more than 1 kid. I am exhausted with just one! I guess I will just have to tough it out someday. Anyways, I hope you are all doing well.


8 comments:

Karen said...

She's gorgeous! I'm glad you posted more pictures. I'm still planning on visiting you one of these days! I'll give you a call.

Becky said...

She is such a beautiful little baby!! I'm glad we got to meet her and see you. What a perfect family. :)

I'm not sure most people understand "tired" until they are a parent... But you get more sleep after conquering the newborn stage.

Janessa Whatcott said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family!

Tyler and Emily said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Kati said...

She is so cute! You wont be as tired in a few weeks (hopefully)! I am glad that all is well!

Christine said...

she is precious! I also am freaked out about having a second child-there is no way I can be that sleep deprived and then run around with a toddler during the day!

Jacee Coles said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting that you have a new addition. Cute pictures.

Jane and Stuart said...

What a beautiful baby! It was fun to chat with you for a second yesterday! Sorry it was so short I was at work and couldn't really talk!