It's been awhile since I've posted. We're home from our summer adventures and back to real life. I'm working as a hydrologist intern at the National Weather Service, and Jared is working on his MBA at Westminster and getting a business started. He travels to China next month with his school, but I am home to stay for awhile.
I thought I'd post a few photo highlights of our trips to Europe and Southeast Asia this summer. Sorry if this is a really long post, but I figure I haven't posted in so long, I've earned it!! (: (:
We began our adventure in Europe with my family. We visited Italy, Switzerland, France, and Austria. We then flew home for a week, and then went back to Southeast Asia, where we traveled through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. Here are some pictures:
Us at the Grand Canal in Venice
Bayeux, France (did I spell that right Christine?)
Hiking in Switzerland
Riding scooters down a mountain in Austria
Hiking through a rice paddy in northern Thailand
Arc d'Triomphe........Laos??? The US gave concrete to Laos to build an airport, but instead built this monument. Laos was occupied by the French for many years, and the influence is still obvious.
Inside the CuChi tunnels in southern Vietnam. The Vietcong spend the whole duration of the Vietnam war living and fighting from these tunnels. And they weren't even this big! They made this one bigger for tourists to walk through. Crazy!!!!
Northern and Southern Vietnam still feel like 2 different countries. Saigon, in the south, has 10 million people driving 4 million scooters. Hanoi, above, is the capitol of the north and is clean and quiet. We are standing in the center of the city, which is a huge lake! The city has a midnight curfew. At 12, police drive around with horns making everybody go inside. It was so wierd!!
We ended our trip relaxing in Southern Thailand. It was so nice!!! Jared's sister, Alisa, was along for the adventure
climbing above the ocean in southern Thailand
And last, but not least, the wonderful, sanitary, toilets of Southeast Asia. By the end of the trip, we were thrilled if a toilet had toilet paper available. If there was soap and water, we were truly ecstatic!So, I hope I haven't bored you all with our pictures. We don't have our own blog yet, but I am working on writing us a website, hosenfelds.com, so hopefully that will be up soon!!
I hope that everybody is doing well!! I love reading about everybody's lives, so keep posting!!
I hope that everybody is doing well!! I love reading about everybody's lives, so keep posting!!

6 comments:
Nan I'm glad you posted lots of pictures! It's tough to choose which ones to put up huh?! It looks like you guys certainly had fun! Too bad you can't go to China with Jared next month...:( Another trip though right?!
Sweet adventures and beautiful pics! Glad you've been enjoying yourself and learning such cool things.
I would never of survived! Your pictures are awesome glad you had fun!
Thanks for posting the pics! What a fun summer with so many adventures!!
WOW!! Nan, that looks like it was a total blast! You guys do the coolest stuff, I'm so jealous! I'm glad everyone is home and safe for the moment!
Nan, that is all so awesome!! That looks like so much fun. I am glad that you were able to travel. It was good to see you the other day!
Post a Comment