Monday, September 17, 2007

Layers no longer

So I'm sad to say that I resigned as a distributor for Layers :( It was a tough decision, but I feel it is best. Primarily I'm stopping because for all the work that I put in (which honestly isn't that much, but it's enough!), I didn't feel like the profit was quite worth it. The way it works is that with each new line that comes out, you pay for the sample line up front and then you have to make the money back through parties. So at the end of the season, you are trying to get rid of samples and hope that you've made enough commission to cover your sample line purchase. So when you only have a few parties a month, sometimes that can be hard and you're just happy if you come out even!! Plus with the baby coming, I will have more limited time (mostly in the beginning) and money!! I still love Layers and I will continue to buy their stuff, I just won't be in charge of selling it and worrying about if I'm going to come out even after the season ends!

I just barely sent my letter in, but I can tell you that their new fall line will be out October 1st. So if you are a Layers fan and have been waiting to know when they will release their fall line, that's when! I have seen their fall classic tee colors and a cute turtleneck so far and I think this week I will get a pdf version of the fall catalog. So for now I will have some info on the fall line, but soon I will be cut off! If you're interested in seeing the pdf catalog, let me know and I believe I can email it to you once I get it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

you may have to send one to me...but I'm actually trying to stay away from layer's a bit! I think I've spent way too much money on them! Now I may just buy the discounted stuff from previous seasons! I just bought 2 shirts from last falls collection for only $17! I'm sure it will be nice for you to have a bit more time and not worry about it too!

Becky said...

Sounds like a good decision for you right now. I love thier clothes, but I have spent a lot, too! I'll prob copy Karen with the discounted stuff.