I'm just going to vent for a few seconds here...so if you don't want to hear it, don't read this!! Ha ha! I just have to say that with two weeks away from my big day (or baby's big day I guess) I am about to the point where I am a little tired of the belly comments!! It's totally fine from a friend or family members, but from random people or people at work who see me every day, it's getting to be OLD!
For example, yesterday this girl at my work (who makes a comment about my belly pretty much every time she sees me) says, "Your shirts are getting tighter and tighter with your cute belly!!" I'm sorry, I know that is supposed to be a compliment (?) but seriously! I am completely aware of it, no need to bring it up when you tell me EVERY day!! (By the way, my response to her was I looked at her and just laughed. Then I said thanks, very sarcastically! I know, I'm such a brat...it was a bad moment for me, but really she comments on it at least twice a day and I wanted her to know my true feelings...hopefully she got it!)
The thing is, I know people are trying to be nice and maybe they really do think I look cute, but I'm just kind of done with it! I'm sure those of you who have kids know what I'm talking about and maybe it's just because I'm almost to the point where I'm totally done with this pregnancy!
In conclusion, you can comment about my belly if you see me in the next two weeks...you are all friends, so it's different. And if I've ever commented to you about your pregnant belly and you wanted to slap me, I can now say that I am very sorry and I think I am more aware of comments to say or not to say to any pregnant woman from now on!! :) Thanks for letting me vent!!
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Nicole...this is one of my favorite posts of all time! :) You can vent anytime and I'm sorry for the "retarded" co-worker who is being so rude! Hopefully she did get the point!!!! Just think...you are almost done and won't have that "big belly" anymore! I personally think they are adorable, but maybe that's because I haven't been in the situation yet! I guess we'll have to see how I fell once I'm finally at that point in life!
ha! No one really commented on my belly except for my sister-in-law who kept telling everyone how HUGE I was (I mean seriously, I wasn't really that big!)
On a good note.... only 2 more weeks, if that!! I bet your belly really is cute. But I can understand that it's annoying. It's kind of like people constantly telling that I'm "so tall." Yeah... that definetly gets annoying! I'm so excited for you though!
Ah, yes. When you are that pregnant, you often feel like venting and you are often ticked at people's comments. I had almost forgotten... :)
I remember being very prego and at lunch when someone across the restaurant saw me stand to leave. He dropped his jaw, widened his eyes, and whispered to the guy next to him; pretty soon a few people were gawking while I walked by. Honestly, how subtle can you get.
Thanks to all for sympathizing/empathizing with me!! I do appreciate it!! It's true...I'm sure we've all had some experience(s) where we've had unwanted comments! It must be part of life :)
I feel you. There is this girl at work that won’t stop feeling my stomach. How would she like it if I felt her stomach all day..! I'm sure she wouldn't like it at all! I wish I was in your shoes 2 weeks to go I still have 2 LONG months! Good luck!
It does get so ANNOYING! We have mirrors we can plainly see we're huge. I'm hitting major mood swings my poor husband! Oh well he's the one wanting more kids.
i'll kill her. (the co-worker of course)
Ha ha ha! I love it! I am so sorry!! I am so glad that you had your baby. I hope that you and the baby are doing alright. Now your next big struggle will be getting everything back in orfer. If you ever need help, just holler! Been there and sometimes it can be hard and overwhelming. Cangrats!
Post a Comment