Sunday, April 06, 2008

Life as a Mom

Raini Girl
Mr. Bode
The Family at Justin's, my little bro's wedding
So the past couple of weeks I have just be thinking how I have gotten the hang of two kids. I mean at least they are both on schedules and they are really cute to each other. Well, so yesterday I think I can say that I really don't..... So Bode has been sick for about 2 weeks, so I thought I better just take him into the Doctor. So I have decided that inorder to be anywhere on time I have to start getting the kids ready one hour early. So I got Raini up and started to change her diaper, and it wasn't just a little pee pee diaper, you know, it was one of the ones you have to use 2 or 3 wipes on. So anyway I set it next to her while I turned to help Bode, and when I looked back she had her arm in it and had grabbed it and it was all over her. So instead of putting the other diaper on I thought I better get her in the tub. So Bode and I ran to the other bathroom, to grab the baby soap and when we got back she had gone again, all over herself and the bed. So discussed I grabbed her, put her in the tub and started washing. When mean while. Bode was in his room being very quite. The next thing I know Bode walks in naked and decides he wants to sit on the toliet. So while I'm holding Raini in the tub I'm holding Bode on the toliet. Who realy doesn't like the toliet because of the big hole. So dealing with two screaming kids, trying to hurry to get to the Doctor, I got Raini out put a diaper on her and then put a diaper on Bode. We were all ready to go when Bode decides to poo, so we went to change it and he stuck his hand in it and smeared it all over his bed. I was freaking out, I couldn't believe that this was my life!!! Poo poo and more poo! So we got in the car drove like crazy to the Doctor and come to find out he just had a simple cold...all that to say he has a cold! So needless to say, I don't have the hang of things and probably never will, but I guess you just take one day at a time and laugh at the little things. It doesn't last forever!! Well, I miss everyone! Hope all is well! Love you all! Patrice

11 comments:

Karen said...

What a cute family...and sorry about all the poo! That definitely doesn't sound like fun, but it's a mothers life right?! I still need to come visit you...I promise I'll get to it sometime soon! :)

Brooke said...

That's exactly how it is just when you start to get a routine down they throw it all off and make you start all over again. The joy is in moments!

Jacee Coles said...

I wish I could relate! I don't even know how you handle one! Love the pictures! How was Justin's wedding?

Tyler and Emily said...

This story made me laugh so hard, you are such a cute mom. I can't believe you have 2 kids!! They are so cute.

Nicole said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry! Super cute pics! Raini is already getting so big! And little bode is such a little stud :)

Jane and Stuart said...

Oh my! I don't know if I am ready for that! One day I guess I will have to be! Your kids are adorable. Thanks for the laugh.

Jill said...

I'm reminded of the name Patti poo! Sorry you had to clean all that up.

Becky said...

LOL! That is so funny but so frazzling, too!! Those experiences make you a little crazy, but good thing your kids have you for a mom -- you're awesome. I love the pics, by the way!!

Laura said...

I was laughing SO hard at your story! I feel that way with just one! I get excited to take her somewhere in her cute new outfits and then she poops all over. In fact, today I was at my mom's and she pooped through her diaper and all over my clothes too! I guess I need to start bringing myself a change of clothes!

Laura said...

I was laughing SO hard at your story! I feel that way with just one! I get excited to take her somewhere in her cute new outfits and then she poops all over. In fact, today I was at my mom's and she pooped through her diaper and all over my clothes too! I guess I need to start bringing myself a change of clothes!

Janessa Whatcott said...

Patrice it was so good to finally hear form you!! Justin is married!?! That is so crazy! You are the absolute cutest mom ever!! Sorry about the poo! Yuck!! Your kids are adorable!!!