Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kati's new arrival!

Kati had a baby boy early this morning at 12:04 am! He is 7 lbs. 3 0z. and 20 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing well! He has brown curly hair she said. They are naming him Kade (or maybe Cade...I didn't ask for the spelling) Stephen (her dad's name) Dixon. Her water broke at about 7 pm last night and she was only in labor for 5 hours, so she didn't have an epidural (which she planned on not having since she goes so quickly) but she said she had some drugs through an IV.

She went to the dr. yesterday morning and he said she wouldn't be having the baby too soon because she was only 50% effaced and dilated to a 1...but obviously he was wrong! She delivered at the University hospital and may go home as early as tonight.

Congratulations Kati!!

(P.S. She said it was ok for me to post since she doesn't have the internet at home. She did say she'd share some pics soon though!)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

That's great news I'm cant wait to see pictures of the little one. Glad everything went well!

Patrice Pedersen said...

Oh my that went by so fast!! Congrats! Post some picts, when you get some time!

Becky said...

How awesome!! I'm glad both Kati and baby are well. I had been wondering when he would arrive... Thanks, Nicole.

Tyler and Emily said...

Thanks for posting Nicole. Congrats Kati, I can't wait to see pictures!

KaRLie said...

Congratulations I'm excited for you. I'm glad everything went well for you and your little baby!! Good luck with everything!

Janessa Whatcott said...

Yeah I am glad that everything went well!! Congratulations!!