Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Diapers

Hi guys

So, I receive a monthly email from a conservation organization called NRDC. (National Resources Defense Council)
The topic this month was the most eco-friendly way to use diapers; whether cloth diapers are better because they reduce waste, or worse because they require water and chemicals to clean. The answer was that it is hard to say, but they talked about a new company that offers flushable diapers. I think the general idea is that you buy fabric diapers, but there is a snap-on thing that you flush when it gets dirty.
I don't totally get how it works, but here is their website, if anybody is interested:
http://www.gdiapers.com

It seems cool, but not being a mom and having to deal with messy diapers, I don't know how it would really work.

Also, here is a link to the whole article about diapers:
http://www.nrdc.org/thisgreenlife/

Sorry if you're bored by now, I just thought it was such a cool solution!!!
Just for fun, here are some pictures from our President's Day climbing trip to St George.
It was 76 degrees! It felt soo good!!! (:

Me climbing at Chuckawalla

Jared bouldering at Moe's Valley

1 comment:

Christine said...

sounds like a really cool idea, my only gripe is the price. Being parents who are about to get into some pretty heavy debt because of school the cheaper stuff is much more appealing, but i do like the argument