Hey everyone! It's that time of year and for the past 3 years (right?!) Brooke has been sooo generous to have the Christmas party at her home. Brooke just welcomed a sweet new baby, Kelsey, into her family and will not be hosting the party this year.
So, the question is, who still wants to do it/can do it? And would anyone be willing to host it? I have thought about hosting, but I will have some family in town, which makes it a bit tricky for me. Karen also was going to do it, but her baby is due in January and she is nervous about timing it close just in case the baby decides to come early (although we're all hoping she doesn't come early!). The great thing is, we do this potluck, so if you want to host it, everyone will help out! We just need someone to take charge and we can go from there. I will send everyone an email to look at this post, but please comment here. Thanks everyone!
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I would love to join in! I' think i would actually be able to attend this year. I would also say I'd lov to host, but I don't have my own house. I'll be staying at my parents. I'm sure they would be fine if we still did it at their house, but there will be three additional families staying there besides us. So.... If no one else can host, I'll do it. But it will just be slightly cramped!
So sad we won't be in town over Christmas to see everyone, but have fun! Betsy is coming home from her mission (YAY!!) at the end of December, so we're going home for her homecoming.
I could host it at our clubhouse which is nice and has a kitchen... The only problem is that I typically find people aren't very willing to drive to Provo. Thoughts on that? And I'd have to look into reserving it quickly. I could also maybe ask my parents about their home.
I think we are getting to the stage that children shouldn't come (except babes in arms). It would make it MUCH easier on the hostess that way.
It would be fun to still get together. I wish I had a house big enough to host but we just live in a town home and we're outgrowing it ourselves. I would love to do it at your clubhouse Becky, but it's not much of a drive for me.
How about everyone can just drive out to colorado and we can have it at my house!
Here is Meg's comment that she emailed to everyone. I guess she can't comment!
Hello Everyone.
I can have it at my house. We live in Holladay. I like the potluck idea and Becky's idea of no kids except babes in arms. I don't really have any toys to entertain kiddos anyways since ours is still little:) Let me know what you all think. I didn't comment on the friends blog because it won't let me! Ha! ~Meg
We will get back to everyone on more details! Thanks for your input!!
Post a Comment